If you REGISTER TO BID with easyLiveAuction, Cavendish Philatelic Auctions Ltd. will pay the £3 + VAT fee.
OVER 70 YEARS' SERVICE TO PHILATELY
Next Cavendish Auction
Wed. 8 February 2023
at 11.00am in DERBY
Philatelic Literature Plus Worldwide & Great Britain Collections
(click on the pictures to see larger versions)
- Lots 1-179: Cartons & boxes; British Commonwealth & foreign collections; omnibus collections & thematics; albums, philatelic accoutrements, etc.; maritime, cigarette cards & ephemera, manuscripts, picture postcards;
- Lots 180-326: Countries from Aland Islands to USA, as well as Great Britain boxed collections inc. mint GB collections & special FDCs;
- Lots 327-778: Philatelic literature offerings from the libraries of the National Philatelic Society & the Royal Philatelic Society London, and the Frank Walton RDP FRPSL Library, plus several other private libraries, with many award winning publications.
View and search the catalogue by following this link,
and bid on-line using our Bid Form
ARRANGEMENTS FOR VIEWING & AUCTION DAYS
|CAVENDISH HOUSE, DERBY|
|Monday 23 to Friday 27 January||-||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|Monday 30 January to Friday 3 February||-||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|Monday 6 & Tuesday 7 February||-||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|Wednesday 8 February.|
IMPORTANT NOTE TO BUYERS
Most of the publications offered in this auction are from an established library, and as such may contain library markings and labels. Occasionally end papers have been removed, spines and corners have been strengthened, and tears have been repaired. PLEASE ALSO NOTE that journal and magazine sets have not been checked for continuity or completeness. Viewing is therefore recommended.
Many of the lots in this auction are very heavy indeed and so postage/transport costs may be high. We therefore strongly recommend that BUYERS COLLECT group lots (or very large individual volumes), or contact us before bidding to clarify the likely shipping costs. Buyers are liable for all shipping costs. Lots can be collected from our Derby offices only for up to one week after the sale. All lots must be paid for before collection. Storage charges will apply to all lots not collected by Wednesday 15 February 2023 (at the rate of £5 + VAT per box per day). Thank you.
ARRANGEMENTS FOR BIDDING
- BIDDING IN THE ROOM - Places are limited so please contact us as soon as possible to book;
- You can place absentee bids via our website;
- You can place absentee bids via Philasearch.com;
- You can bid live using EasyLiveAuction.com (see below);
- You can bid using Auction Agents (details in catalogue);
- Telephone bidding will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis;
Please watch the website www.cavendish-auctions.com for updates.
Live Internet Bidding Available
Cavendish Philatelic Auctions Ltd. are able to offer live internet bidding in this auction in conjunction with easyLiveAuction.com. If you REGISTER TO BID for this auction, Cavendish Philatelic Auctions will pay the £3 + VAT registration fee. Details of the sales and how to bid live online are available at Cavendish Philatelic Auctions at easyLiveAuction
Consignments are now being accepted
for future auctions
Properties for the March 2023 auction have closed due to the quantity of material we have already received. Properties for the June 2023 auction can be accepted until 5 April 2023. Please contact us to ensure that we have sufficient space and describing time.
These auctions will feature:
- the Denis Vandervelde collection of disinfected mail, etc.;
- the John Wilson collection of Latin America & Africa air mail postal history;
- the John Sussex RDP FRPSL collection of Yorkshire postal history;
- Superb Great Britain & foreign stamps, including exceptional British Commonwealth;
- Fine 19th & 20th century postal history.