65 YEARS' SERVICE TO PHILATELY
Next Cavendish Auctions
Wednesday 7, Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 June 2017 (in London)
The catalogues for the next Cavendish Philatelic Auctions are now on-line.
There are over 1700 lots of specialised material to view, taking place at the following times and places (click on the pictures to see larger versions):
Derby, Wednesday 7 June at 1pm
Worldwide & G.B. Stamps and Postal History
Featuring the ALAN PIGGOTT Collection of France with strength in WWI, Pre-Cancel, and Journal issues, and including the stamps and postal history of Aden to Zanzibar, as well as superb collections of British Commonwealth, Foreign, and Omnibus stamps, Worldwide Postal History - including Maritime, Military & Airmails, and Ephemera, Manuscripts, Thematic collections & Picture Postcards.
London, Wednesday 21 June at 1pm
The PROFESSOR DAVID STIRRUPS International Gold Medal Collections of
Gibraltar Stamps & Postal History
Including special studies of G.B. Used in Gibraltar, Gibraltar Postal Stationery, Gibraltar/Spain Mails, Cadiz Postal History, and Early Iberian/Mediterranean Maritime Mails, plus useful Spain, Portugal, and Madeira Postal History.
London, Thursday 22 June at 10am
The G.M. VLACHOS International Gold Medal Collection of
Ionian Islands Postal History, 1428-1864
Including official, commercial, and private letters to and from the Ionian Islands during the Venetian Administration, Septinsular Republic, Imperial French rule, British military occupation, and the United States of the Ionian Islands under British protection.
Viewing will be held on the following dates and venues:
Cavendish Gallery in London (PRIVATE VIEWING BY APPOINTMENT ONLY)
- Tuesday 30 May - 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Wednesday 31 May - 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Thursday 1 June - 9.00am - 12.00pm
- Monday 19 June - 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Tuesday 20 June - 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Wednesday 21 June (Auction Day - Stirrups Gibraltar) - 9.00am to 11.45am
- Thursday 22 June (Auction Day - Vlachos Ionian Islands) - NO VIEWING
Bulky lots from these sales will not be available for viewing at the Cavendish Gallery in London. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Public Viewing at Cavendish House in Derby
- Monday 5 June - 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Tuesday 6 June - 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Wednesday 7 June (Auction Day - Worldwide) - 9.00am - 11.45am
Consignments for the 18, 19 & 27 September Auctions
end on Wednesday 19 July 2017
These auctions will feature:
- The WALTER NEVILLE WATTERSON Collection of Sarawak. Featuring an outstanding, internationally recognised collection of the stamps and postal history of Sarawak, with strength in proofs and very seldom seen De La Rue colour trials.
- The JOHN GODFREY Collection of Fine Sudan Stamps & Postal History with strength in various late 19th Century military campaign covers.
- Sudan with colour trials, overprints errors, receiving authority Specimens and unusual postal history.
- Gilbert & Ellice Islands with DLR Key Plate Die Proofs, receiving authority Specimens and a 1947 UPU Congress Booklet.
- British Solomon Islands inc. 1907 Plate Proofs and 2½d vertical pair imperf between, DLR Key Type Die Proofs, Colour Trials WWII Japanese Occupation Mail, and much more.
- Superb G.B. and Foreign Stamps.
- Fine 19th & 20th Century Postal History.
Cavendish Philatelic Auctions on Philasearch
Cavendish Auctions are pleased to announce a range of new initiatives to accompany our existing website and make information about our auctions more accessible.
The next catalogue of Cavendish Philatelic Auctions is now listed on Philasearch, a popular website offering sophisticated search facilities to help you find elusive items for your collections. Please see Cavendish Philatelic Auctions at Philaserach
You can send advance bids to us directly through Philasearch up to the day of the sale. We continue to offer the option of advance bidding on our own website also.
Live Internet Bidding Now Available for
Cavendish Philatelic Auctions
Cavendish Philatelic Auctions Ltd. are very pleased to announce that we have begun working with easyLiveAuction.com and are able to offer live internet bidding in our upcoming auction. easyLiveAuction.com are a reliable, proven and popular platform who provide easy-to-use live bidding and also offer a £3 flat fee bidding option with no further internet fees. If you haven’t tried bidding online we strongly encourage you to try easyLiveAuction.com
Details of the sale and how to bid live online are available at Cavendish Philatelic Auctions at easyLiveAuction
Follow the latest news on FaceBook.
We look forward to being of service to you.