BRITAIN'S OLDEST SPECIALIST STAMP AUCTION HOUSE
Cavendish have held continuous regular stamp auctions focused purely on philately every year since 1952, and we are soon to arrange our 800th consecutive sale; a unique business with a unique record of integrity, expertise and continuity.
Next Cavendish Auctions
Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 March 2017
The catalogue for the next Cavendish Philatelic Auction is now on-line.
There are over 1000 lots to view, taking place at the following times and places (click on the pictures to see larger versions):
Derby, Wednesday 15 March at 1pm
Worlwide & G.B. Stamps and Postal History PART 1 (Lots 1 to 701)
The stamps and postal history of Aden to Venezuela, as well as superb collections of British Commonwealth, Foreign, and Omnibus stamps, Worldwide Postal History, including Maritime, Military & Airmails, and Ephemera, Manuscripts & Picture Postcards.
- The BOB DEARNLEY Collection of Malta Postal History, and
- The COLIN POYNTON Collection of Portugal in WW1
Derby, Thursday 16 March at 1pm
Worlwide & G.B. Stamps and Postal History PART 2 (Lots 702 to 1096)
Superb Great Britain stamps from Postal Reforms to QEII, and G.B. Postal History including G.B. Used Abroad, Cancellations & Instructional Marks, Free Mail, Postal Stationery, Registered & Redirected Mail, as well as English Counties & Scotland.
- The JOHN GAMMON Collection of GB Used Abroad, and
- The JIM GOMERSALL Collections of British Free Mails, 1678-1840, and G.B. Used in Nicaragua
- Including -
Public viewing will be at the Cavendish Gallery in London (by appointment) and Cavendish House in Derby, on the following dates:
Cavendish Gallery in London (viewing by appointment only)
- Monday 6 March - 2.00pm - 5.00pm
- Tuesday 7 March - 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Wednesday 8 March - 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Thursday 9 March - 9.00am - 11.45am
Book early to avoid disappointment. Bulky lots from these sales will not be available for viewing at the Cavendish Gallery in London.
Cavendish House in Derby
- Monday 13 March - 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Tuesday 14 March - 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Wednesday 15 March (Auction Day - Part 1 of the Worldwide Auction) - 9.00am to 11.45am
- Thursday 16 March (Auction Day - Part 2 of the Worldwide Auction) - 9.00am to 11.45am
Coming April 20 and 21, 2017:
- The TONY EASTGATE Collections of Fiji & New Caledonia: Featuring superb covers of all periods ranging from Prestamp and 1st-Issue covers through to World War II, with an emphasis on destinations, rates, routes and eye-appeal. Assembled over almost 50 years and Internationally exhibited in several continents.
- Australia and Asia Featuring The CAPTAIN T.G.S. WARD Collection of Australia/New Zealand-British Maritime Mail - Part 2
- 19th & 20th Century Postal History
- Selected lots will be available for viewing at the Melbourne International Stamp Exhibition March 30 to April 2. See us at stand 17.
Consignments for the June auctions end on Wednesday 12 April 2017. These auctions will feature:
- The PROFESSOR DAVID STIRRUPS International Gold Medal Collections of Gibraltar Stamps & Postal History, plus useful Spain & Portugal Postal History. Including special studies of G.B. Used in Gibraltar, Gibraltar Postal Stationery, Gibraltar/Spain Mails, Cadiz Postal History, and Early Iberian/Mediterranean Maritime Mails.
- The G.M. VLACHOS International Gold Medal Collection of Ionian Islands Postal History, 1428-1864. Including official, commercial, and private lettersto and from the Ionian Islands during the Venetial Administration, Septinsular Republic, Imperial French rule, British military occupation, and the United States of the Ionian Islands under British protection.
- Fine G.B. and Foreign Stamps
- 19th & 20th Century Postal History
Cavendish Philatelic Auctions on Philasearch
Cavendish Auctions are pleased to announce a range of new initiatives to accompany our existing website and make information about our auctions more accessible.
The next catalogue of Cavendish Philatelic Auctions is now listed on Philasearch, a popular website offering sophisticated search facilities to help you find elusive items for your collections. Please see Cavendish Philatelic Auctions at Philaserach
You can send advance bids to us directly through Philasearch up to the day of the sale. We continue to offer the option of advance bidding on our own website also.
Live Internet Bidding Now Available for
Cavendish Philatelic Auctions
Cavendish Philatelic Auctions Ltd. are very pleased to announce that we have begun working with easyLiveAuction.com and are able to offer live internet bidding in our upcoming auction. easyLiveAuction.com are a reliable, proven and popular platform who provide easy-to-use live bidding and also offer a £3 flat fee bidding option with no further internet fees. If you haven’t tried bidding online we strongly encourage you to try easyLiveAuction.com
Details of the sale and how to bid live online are available at Cavendish Philatelic Auctions at easyLiveAuction
Follow the latest news on FaceBook.
We look forward to being of service to you.